CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What I see....

Kit Lang - What do you see on your way to work? posted a picture of what she sees on the way to work every morning and invited everyone to share their view....so I decided to play along.  I am so blessed to live and work in a basically rural area...no big cities for me.  So here is one of the first things I see when I leave every morning....
and just for fun....thought I would show you what I see when I get to work....
I am the bookkeeper and general manager of a independently owned Chevron.  Chevron is extremely strict on the requirements of how the station should look to meet their criteria.  But these little birds are determined.....we take the nests down and within two to three days they put it back up.  This is just one of them...they also build on the opposite side.  The "e" seems to be the perfect spot for their nests.  After taking the nest down two or three times....I gave up....the last Chevron inspection....they saw birds and nests.  I figured if they graded me off, I could remind them of their "caring" commercials about nature and beauty not being disturbed.  They are not hurting anyone and actually most people get a kick out of them as they hatch little ones at least twice a year.  And as an added bonus....they earn their room and board by keeping all crumbs picked up off the parking lot.  

2 comments:

Kit Lang said...

I love their determination! "You took our tree(s) away, so we're going to nest right here!"

Thanks for this!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

nice idea...take a moment to look around our own space,eh. Birds nest is just too cute up there...