CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wow!

How does anyone have time to post to their blog?  I have spent the last two hours just reading and drooling over all the ones I am being directed to.  I guess that comes with being a newbie, but I can see that if I spend this much time reading blogs, I will never get any quilting done.  Going to have to limit myself to about 30 minutes in the morning with my coffee.

I also am going to have to remember to post on a regular basis.  Yesterday was so full and busy I forgot.  I go to my local quilt shop, http://www.mamasquiltshop.com/ every Saturday (oh don't let me kid you, I go every afternoon on my way home, too!) to see what they are doing and to get inspiration and to bring home 2 or 3 more pieces of fabric.

And of course I then had to go to the graduation party of one of my "adopted" kids, Joe Hutto.  Can you say crawfish boil?  I couldn't leave until I had eaten my 5 or so pounds and the wonderful cake his mother had made for the occasion.  You see crawfish are in season right now and here in Louisiana you never pass up an occasion to fill up on them.

The weather is delightful right now.  Warm sunny days that start out very cool in the early morning.

I have managed to finish two quilt tops and now I need to get the backing prepared so that the girls at the quilt shop can machine quilt them for me.  I started back piecing after about 15 years of doing everything else (gardening, scrapbooking, photography and WORKING) and I have tons of UFOS boxed up.  But of course after finding my local quilt shop I now have oodles and oodles of new fabric to look at and I am over-whelmed!

But I am glad I am back.  I forgot how soothing piecing can be.  It is good for the soul.  When you make a block and place it on the wall you just don't know whether to laugh or cry.  Fabric evokes moods.  I get up at 4:30 every morning, have my coffee while the world is quiet out doors and then I try to make at least one block before getting dressed for work.  I am like a kid in a candy store and I can't wait to show them to the ladies at the quilt shop.


Well enough for now, have to get to piecing, starts my day off right.

No comments: