CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fun! Fun! Fun!

I have my first comment, how exciting! (Thank you Angi)  Finally remembered to bring my camera in and download pictures. I keep it in the truck all the time because you just never know what you will see. Work is busy right now and I am having to make just a block each morning, when all I want to do is stay home and sew all day.

Can you believe it is already June lst, Christmas will be right around the corner before you know it! Daddy always told me they go faster after you turn 25 (sigh) and as usual he was right.

I wish you could be here right now. I have the front door open and it is just barely light outside and the birds are singing. It is reasonably cool, but humid, but later you will be able to fry the proverbial egg on the concrete. But that's ok, it's why I live in Louisiana. Love hot weather, not very fond of the cold.

I did work on my Pokeno quilt this weekend, acutally I finished piecing the top, stepped back and said to myself, what a beautiful baby quilt! Not good! There are no babies in Pokeno. Back to the drawing board. Want to keep it summery, but not that summery! Will post a picture in a few days.

Little Girl just came running in the door and hopped on my chair to tell me what she has seen out of doors. To be so tiny she sure sounds like an elephant when she runs.  Excuse the lady like position, she has no shame.  She is a liberated woman!

I am finally going to post a picture of my first pincushion that I talked about in a prior post. I am also posting a picture of three quilt blocks I made. Tell me which one you like the best. Wedding quilt will be due in July for shower, so I am going to have to get started now.

4 comments:

Linda Coleman said...

Hi Martha
That is one very laid back cat.
I like the bottom right block, the blue really pops out on it.

Marci Girl said...

Nice to see someone else from Louisiana! And yes, it is hot, hot, hot!

Your blocks look great, and I love your pincushion!

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Cute pin cushion! and I like the bottom left block best, although bottom right came a close second!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I tried to reply to your comment but you're a no-reply. Love your Little Girl! She looks a lot like my Simon and I had to laugh when you said she is tiny but sounds like a elephant when she runs.....our Bella is the same way!