CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 9, 2011

100 Quilts for Kids

What a great way to have fun and share the love of quilts with children.  I don't have any children of my own but I have a few "adopted" ones and they have brought so much love to my life.  I have several small quilts ready to be quilted and I would like to donate them to the children at St. Jude.  Ten years ago I was diagnosed with throat cancer at the ripe old age of 46.  I had never been sick or in the hospital. so to say it was both an adventure and a wild trip is an understatement.  It was my youth group at church that helped me get through it.

When I watch the St. Jude commercials it breaks my heart that these beautiful children have to go through all this pain and suffering.  I don't know yet if St. Jude will allow you to donate the quilts (does anyone have any experience with this) because of germ issues, but perhaps they will give them to brothers and sisters of the children.  The whole experience has to be horrific, not just for the sick child, but for family too.

So "swim, bike, quilt" on over and check out this wonderful opportunity to bring love to children and possibly when a few goodies for yourself in return (lol).

No comments: