CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 10, 2013

I've Been Busy

And I realized I forgot to write a post since I came back from our retreat in Florida!  I don't know about everyone else but my life seems to be flying by....we so enjoyed our sewing retreat at the condo....

I always get up and walk the beach on my last morning....I guess it is my way of saying goodbye until next time....I take a few pictures, pick up a lot of shells and get my feet wet....
It's my favorite time at the beach....no one but me, the seagulls and the hermit crabs...
 

 
 
the only sounds are the surf and seagulls.  Thank you God for all the beauty you provide us.
We all were so busy sewing....I didn't take many pictures.
Patty chose to work on handwork this trip....no lugging a sewing machine for her....as soon as she finishes her little quilt I will grab a picture and show it off.  But as usual her real job was pushing us and cheering us on....
and Brenda made this....
 
and of course I said I don't know....and Brenda said yes you can....so I did!

 
I made this in one day....I love it....I have since made oodles of new blocks....playing with this.
This is going to be a perfect lap quilt for the prayer quilts at church....I can do six blocks every morning before going to work....
 
However....I spent most of my time in Florida...working on this beauty...
and it is finished...and gifted!
 
My wonderful boss and his wife celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this weekend and this was my gift to them....it is the first and only king size quilt I will every make...this beauty was 108" by 108" and felt like it weighed as much as I do.  I sent it to our local quilter to have it machine quilted.
I couldn't have done it without the encouragement and help from Brenda and Patty. 
 
And Edward and Janice loved it.....which made it all worth it.
 
Now I am helping Brenda get ready for an open house we are having at Mama's Quilt Shop on June 23rd.  Many samples need to be made, signs about new classes and new BOM's are being prepared....I am so excited to be part of it...
Check out our blog over at Mama's to see what we have been doing.
I am going to be taking more pictures this week....so keep checking back.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

beautiful finished quilt, and love your crazy quilts. I love the beach in the morning too. It's so peaceful.

btw- I am from Baton Rouge. Where in LA are you? :)

-Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Is there a specific pattern for the crazy quilt block? I'd love to know what it is. And congrats on that GIANT king size quilt. It's just beautiful!

Carol J. Lacy said...



It was an amazing article. Thanks a lot for providing us this useful article with us

clipping path service
Photo Editing Services
raster to vector conversion service

Learn online said...

thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are providing best roadrunner customer care support, roadrunner helpline, Contact roadrunner how to contact roadrunner Support