CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Loving the beach....

 
Yes!  Those are my toes!  Covered with one of my favorite things....sand!
I love water...especially when it is attached to a really big body of water.
 
Ok...enough with the toes.
 
This is what I want you to see.....
My baby rag quilt.
I had most of it together before we went to Florida....but I couldn't wait to get it finished, washed and dried.  I love it.
I also worked on my twister mug rugs....
I love my little twister....as everyone knows...and these little mug rugs are a great way to play with different fabrics on a small scale....easy to pack up for a get-a-way.
I am trying to make a different one for everyone in my garden club.
 
But I also tried a new project...
I love this fabric at Mama's Quilt Shop and I want to make something soft and antique looking out of it....so I tried Slapplique...by Tricia Cribbs.  I always make just one square to see how it is going to look...and I loved it.  I have cut out the squares that I need to make a lap size throw for my living room and I really am looking forward to putting it together.  It came out so soft.  I am planning on using this orphan block on a pillow or tote. 
 
Ok...if you stayed with me this long...hop on over to Bits and Pieces, our blog for the quilt shop and check out my surprise give-a-way....
 
Have a great day!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your baby rag quilt is so lovely! And so is the view behind it. I love being by the water and on the beach and under the water (we Scuba dive.)

Enjoy the beach!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects..I love the colors you picked for the mug rugs.

DeAnna said...

Hope you are having fun or had fun in Florida. Your rag quilt came out awesome. I love the redwork. Beautiful job.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear more about slapplique. And see some closer photos of your red and white. Looks great on the railing with the water in the background! Hope you enjoyed your trip!!

Η Πευκοβελόνα said...

Yes please some close-up photos of your rug quilt, it looks amazing!